Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I won the drawing!

This post is more for my wife (and past team members).

Even though I think that Lily (aka Wen-li = Quiche for princess) has rigged the drawing for the icon of Our Lady of Guadelupe so she can win, I actually managed to have Our Lady select me tonight for her visit.

Okay - for those who don't understand this, it's a bit of a long story.  The essence is that the mission team brings an icon of Our Lady of Guadelupe on mission as the intercession of her presence has been felt in protecting the team and encouraging our success.

The story of how Our Lady found us as missionaries (and originally, through Connie and Fr. Tom of SOS) is the long part of the story for another day.  I truthfully fear that I will not be able to do their stories the justice it deserves.

Yet, every evening, we have a drawing to see in which room, this blessed (by Fr. Abelardo, no less!) icon will reside for the evening and next day.  The icon is very special to the team and Our Lady always seemingly finds the person that needs her icon that day.

And, let's just say that today was my day and I seemingly knew it before hand.

Thank you, Mother Mary, for caring us so greatly and sharing in the joy of being called to Christ's love.

No comments: